Why Pinterest is Driving the Most Online Sales
Fancy and interesting Pinterest attracts engagement. Custom pictures for Pinterest are definitely a way to get more traction for your website.
You’re smart to invest in learning about this ongoing phenomena that is driving unparalleled sales, referrals and engagement online.
Recently, I was reading that Pinterest is just a fad and that it was getting less traction and slowing down. Really true?
How about these verified numbers about unique visitors?
January 2012 11.7 Visitors
February 2012 17.8 Visitors
March 2012 18.7 Visitors
Sure wish our business was slowing down that much, don’t you? Years ago people said the same about Facebook being a fad too. Not!
These numbers are simply amazing to anyone who can count. We have been speaking about Pinterest and it’s great value to the consumer, friends, family and the opportunity it represents as a great sales generator.
Being ranked the third most popular social site only reinforces the power of Pinterest and there is more good news about the Pinterest Lady. She is one of the largest leaders of referral of traffic to all other social networks.
Imagine that! Even more important than any of the things written here and it is a question we are asked everyday.
How do you monetize Social Media? Pinterest is monetizing social media and that is something everyone has been trying to do for years. Let’s share a couple of interesting observations about how other businesses are monetizing Pinterest:
1. Placing price tags on product pins increases likes by 36%
2. Other perceive a likes pin as a recommendation
3. Original graphics make more sales and receive more likes
4. Commercial brands are growing faster with Pinterest than with feathered Twitter
5. Consumers are spending 10% more $$ on Pinterest than any other network
6. Pinterest can be considered a one stop shopping source
7. Close to 20% of online revenues came from Pinterest in 2012
8. Sales on Pinterest keep going up, up, up~like a hot air balloon
9. The average Pinterest order is $80 higher than on other social networks. Wow!
Socializing and shopping on Pinterest feels more like going shopping with a friend
Every business should take a look at monetizing on Pinterest and at the very least having a presence. I get the feeling that the ‘P’ in Pinterest is soon to stand for ‘Princess of the Internet’. Take a look at Pinterest for your business. At the very least, she is fun and you’ll have a great time!